4.14.2006

Hugs, not UGGs...

It’s time for the Big Waste of Time (BWOT) Blog’s first ever Pop Quiz!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Question: Is this woman an Eskimo?

A. Yes, of course!
B. No way, Jose! (or Nanuk)
C. What’s an Eskimo?

If your answer was B, you're correct. (if you answered C please log off of your computer and crawl out from the rock you're living under.)

Since I’m fairly certain that Eskimos don’t live in New York, I think it’s safe to assume that this woman is not - by standard definitions - an Eskimo. So why, I ask you, is she wearing those shoes?

I read in a magazine that the UGGs with miniskirt trend is out. When exactly was it in? Would you walk outside in a full-length winter coat and flip-flops? I think not. A bikini and ski boots? No, of course not. That would be silly. So WHY is it okay to wear what is clearly a Spring skirt with boots that were intended for people who seal hunt and eat whale blubber in frigid temperatures?

I should add that I have all sorts of problems with this outfit. It’s…what’s the phrase I’m looking for? Ah yes, it’s very “small town girl in the Big City.” I bet she spent her entire paycheck from the Piggly Wiggly on those UGGs from the Sears catalog. (maybe they threw in the shirt as a gift with purchase?)

But I digress. Let this serve as a public service announcement for women everywhere. They call them UGGs for a reason. As in, “UGG! Not those ugly shoes again!” Stop the madness, ladies. Remember, if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger joe said...

I was gonna pick "A", until I saw the answer. She just has that 'eskimo flair' about her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google