4.17.2006

BWOT’s Cool Places You’ll Probably Never See…

Here at BWOT we strive to give you an insider’s look into today’s pop culture. (and by “we” of course I mean “me”) But BWOT is about more than making fun of strangers using only a camera phone and a laptop. We (I) want to open doors to new and exotic places, things you only hear about in movies, shrines and monuments and other must-see places. Which is why I bring you this:
Image hosting by Photobucket
What in the name of Tonya Harding is this, you ask? Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen. This is the glorious Princess Diana shrine at El-JeBowl bowling alley in El Jebel, Colorado.

Note the Scotch-taped newspaper article (from the Aspen Times) about the Princess’ visit to the area in the early 90s. (Granted if it were me, I might’ve sprung for a frame rather than rely on the archival power of some tape from The Dollar Store. But who am I to judge?) Also on display, the shoes and ball the Princess used during her visit, along with what I think is an autographed t-shirt.

It’s easy to make the connection, isn’t it? Princess Diana personified class, elegance, and grace. And what goes better with class than rented shoes and watered down beer? Nothing. Not a damn thing.

You go, Princess Di. You and your bowling mementos will live on in our hearts forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google