3.08.2007

Embarrasing fact...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm totally embarrassed to admit this but last night I watched "The Search for the Next Doll." That's right. It's a reality show looking to cast the next Pussycat Doll. It was on right after America's Next Top Model which, I'm also embarrassed to say, I can't get enough of. I want to go shopping with Tyra and Twiggy and I want Miss Jay to teach me how to walk like a lady.

But back to "Doll."

Am I missing something? Are the PCDs really all about female empowerment like all these star struck 19 year old hopefuls claimed? One girl say she wants to become a PCD to prove to her parents - who are both doctors - that there are other ways to be successful. And although I'm sure her parents can appreciate that, I'm guessing that "successfully helping teen boys across the world navigate the tumultuous seas of puberty" was not the kind of success they had in mind.

Did I miss the part where the PCDs burned their bras, or protested the treamtment of women in the Middle East? If I did, I apologize - I think I was distracted by the fact that they were grinding around in underwear and fishnet stockings.

Hmm...here are some lyrics from a song called "I Don't Need A Man."

I don't need a man to make it happen
I get off being free
I don't need a man to make me feel good
I get off doing my thing
I don't need a ring around my finger
To make me feel complete
So let me break it down
I can get off when you ain't around
Oh!


Right. Okay. So you can...yes, well. I suppose that's a good thing.

Is there something in this set of lyrics, for their song "Hot Stuff (I Want You Back)" that I'm not interpreting correctly?

Looking for your hot stuff
Baby, I need it (Come on)
Looking for your hot stuff
Baby, tonight (Baby, baby)
I want your hot stuff
I got to feel it (I got to feel it)
Got to have your hot stuff
Got to have your love tonight

I'm fairly certain I've had the same exchange via text message with an ex-boyfriend at 3:00 a.m. after my ninth beer.

Or how about this one - "Wait A Minute" - which seems promising when they sing:

Girl, why you do me like that?
You take all my money
Can't even call a player back (Wait a minute)
Boy, why you tripping like that?
You think 'cause you tricking you get it just like that? (Wait a minute)

And then you get to the end where they say:

What they call you, Mr. Tin man or something?
See, I don't want your cars
I don't want your jewelry
You can't buy this
So you can keep that
Wait a minute...Uh yeah, you can give me that back

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to be a Pussycat Doll! I wouldn't even mind being the red headed one that looks like a tranny. I would be trampiest PCD this world has ever seen! Female empowerment, my ass. I want to objectified and treated like a talentless piece of meat.

So my question to these 9 contestants is, "why fight it?" Own your desire to be a glorified sex symbol! I mean hey, if you've got it, flaunt it. Flaunt it while you still can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google