4.26.2006

The worst songs ever...

CNN just ran a story about the worst songs ever. Check it out.

I agree with many of them. I especially agree with "I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene, a song that is so awful that it's almost a parody of itself. And I quote, "I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see. I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me."

I also agree with the choice of Paul Anka's "Having My Baby." Ahem, "Whoa, the seed inside ya baby, do you feel it growin'" Listen up, Paul. Singing about "seed" is not romantic. Generally speaking, songs about knockin' up a groupie aren't romantic. They're creepy. Just plain creepy, Paul.

Here are my top five picks for the worst songs ever. Click the links to read the lyrics for yourself.

1. PopoZao - Kevin Federline (need I say more?)
2. Love To Love You Baby - Donna Summer (I love Ms. Donna but I abhor this song almost as much as PopoZao. It's so whiney and...well, whiney!)
3. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - Crash Test Dummies (Though I haven't heard it since approximately 1996, when I hear this song it makes me want to beat the singer with my shoe)
4. Rico Suave - Gerardo (Gerardo, and this song, make me throw up in my mouth a little bit)
5. Gypsy Woman - Crystal Waters (I could've written the lyrics to this song while blind-folded, one hand tied behind my back, using only my teeth and a crayon stub...oh, and while intoxicated or unconscious)

6 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger joe said...

I've got one - "Tenessee Homesick Blues" by Dolly Parton. And I quote:
"Daddy you can load the rifles up, we're gonna load them dogs on the pick-up truck and head out to Calhoon County and catch us a coon!"
I'm not making that up, I swear it's true.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.... I love Rico Suave : )

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger BWOT Editors said...

eeeeeeeew.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger joe said...

Please forgive me Denise, for that extremely crass, vulgar and tasteless comment. Sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google