5.28.2006

Allan's Useless Fact of the Week...

The word "pixel" originally referred to the colored pegs in the Hasbro Lite-Brite.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aww, Lite-Brite. My mom wouldn’t let me have one. I think it’s because I was a “healthy” child and she was afraid I would eat the pegs. They did kind of look like Gummy Bears so there’s a distinct possibility she was right.

Oh, you know what else my mom wouldn’t let me have? Mac-n-cheese.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’ve moved on and forgiven her. And now that I’m a big girl I get to eat all the mac-n-cheese my greasy, cholesterol-riddled heart desires. But that’s neither here nor there.

Back to toys. My favorite toy ever was the Snoopy Snow Cone Maker.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You know what was so great about it? It was great practice for learning how to make frozen drinks – margaritas, daiquiris, etc. In fact, I wish I had a Snoopy Snow Cone Maker today. It was so much easier to clean than my blender.

Incidentally, snow cone makers were the hot Christmas gift last year. I know this because my ex-boyfriend spent hours trying to track one down online for his nieces. I guess it’s part of some retro toy craze because I keep seeing 15 year old girls wearing Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bear clothes and accessories.

Crap, did I just use the word “retro” to refer to toys I used to play with? I suddenly feel nauseous and unable to finish this story.

I'm going to go make a margarita, some mac-n-cheese and call it a night.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Carlos Fins said...

That looks like pee-pee snow cones coming out of the Snoopy Snow Cone machine. Yuck. Pee-pee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google