6.29.2006

The Coreys Strike Back…

Oh. My. God.
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. OH MY GOD.

Is it my birthday? Am I on Candid Camera? Did I just win some fantastic TV lottery? Because – and I am NOT kidding here – Corey Feldman and Corey Haim (HAIM!!) are teaming up on a new “hybrid improve comedy” show that “centers on fictional versions of themselves a la ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’”

No, for real. FOR REAL.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Was License To Drive not sheer genius? And Lost Boys? I mean, I don’t even LIKE vampire movies but damn if I didn’t want to have my blood sucked by a Corey (Haim) after watching that movie.

Haim was always my favorite. I HEARTED him. Feldman was always kind of weird in his Michael Jackson wannabe mullet-sporting kind of way. But you know what? I think the tables may have turned.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh Corey, Corey, Corey…Haim. What’s with the hair? That’s not even a color. And the tats? I mean, who ARE you? I don’t even know you any more, CH. The sleeveless shirt, the beaded necklaces, the stoned, bleary-eyed look…what’s happening here? He looks like some sort of middle aged C-list former movie star. Oh, right. He is.

If you would’ve told me 15 years ago that I would be talking this way about Corey Haim I would’ve said, “Like, get real!” Then I would’ve attempted to flip my hairspray-frozen bangs, adjusted my Scrunchi and gone back to reading my Big Bopper magazine.

Reading the show’s plotline it’s kind of starting to make sense:

"The Coreys picks up with Feldman living the comfortable suburban life with his wife Suzie and son, until circumstances bring his old pal Haim back into the picture. Episodes would follow Haim -- single and the total opposite of Feldman -- as he shakes life up for the Feldmans.”

Regardless of Haim’s new trashtastic look, I’m so looking forward to this show. I am sure you’ll be seeing a lot more of the Coreys…at least on this blog.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought they made a cute couple!!! And that Corey Feldman, he's always been so skanky, though. Almost as bad as KFed, almost... Well, okay he is. He's trash. Sorry, but it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google