8.30.2006

New obsession...

What do you get when you join Cheech Marin (yes, Cheech & Chong Cheech), Peter Frampton, Marie Osmond and Little Richard? No, not my secret sexual fantasy.

Give up? MY NEW FAVORITE SHOW EVER! (though add Wonka's chocolate river and a purple unicorn and this is pretty damn close to my secret fantasy)

Celebrity Duets on FOX is the best new show EVER. Seriously, folks. It's up there with Dancing With The Stars. And I think you all know how I feel about DWTS. (HEART it!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okay, here's the premise. B-list celebrities (Carlton from The Fresh Prince, Xena The Warrior Princess, gymnast Carly Patterson, Jai from Queer Eye and many more!) are paired with A-list singers to perform a duet. Their performances are judged by Marie Osmond, Little Richard and producer David Foster.

No, for real. I am NOT making this up.

Example, Leah Thompson (A.K.A. Lorraine McFly from Back To The Future) performed with Michael Bolton, who I'll admit looks damn good without his long locks.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! My favorite part - Little Richard. I love that crazy queen. I think his wig was on too tight. There were moments when it seemed he didn't even realize he was on live television. And the best moment was when he told Marie Osmond to shut up. Screamed it then put on his sunglasses. Love him.

And Marie...oh man, once an Osmond always an Osmond. She's all "That took a lot of guts. But remember to focus on RELATING...you HAVE to relate. That's what makes a good duet."

What in the Book of Mormon does that mean?

Click here to watch Alfonso "Carlton" Ribeiro perform "Knew You Were Waiting" with Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child. I will say that this performance, as well as Jai "Queer Eye" Rodriguez's performance were the best. Watching WWE wrestler Chris Jericho sing with Leanne Womack (who I'm convinced he was touching inappropriately the entire song only to have her try her hardest to not outwardly cringe) was the most painful thing ever. No surprise that he was dumped.

If you're reading this on Wednesday there's a special encore schedule for Thursday at 8pm EST. DO NOT MISS IT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google