8.29.2006

Tough decision...

Oh the tangled webs we weave. Readers, I'm moving from NY to Los Angeles. It's all very, very exciting. And I'm confident that being in Hollywood is going to give me even MORE content for Big Waste of Time.

As I was thinking about my four years in NY, I began thinking about all the incredible men I've dated.

Allow me to introduce you:

This is Fileberto, my Latin lover.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Things had been going...well, okay with Fileberto. The thing is, I just couldn't compete with his Batman obsession. I couldn't play second fiddle to a comic book character. Sigh...if only wings of love were enough.

Next is Shamus.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Shamus and I met at the gym. He was my personal trainer. Look at that bod! It explains why I'm so fit, doesn't it? Anyway, with Shamus all he cared about was himself. His body, his clothes, his hair. It just gets old, you know? It was hard but in the end I think breaking it off was the right thing for me.

Then there was Tayshaun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What a romantic. Honestly, it was a little smothering at times. And it grated on me whenever he would "borrow" my hair products and not replace them. Yeah, that was destined not to work out. Hair serum is expensive, you know?

Oh my gosh, I'd almost forgetting about that one drunken weekend in Brooklyn. That's where I met Tiko, Sushu, Mako, Iko, Kyoto, Saytan, Taipei and Bob.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WOO! Talk about a good time! Man, is it hot in here or just me?

Moving on!

Mmm...I did go through that phase when I dated older men. Old Yeller...that was his nickname. Come to think of it, I don't know his actual name.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You know, I didn't think it would, but the 50 year age difference really got in the way. But Old Yeller was young at heart, I'll give him that. The personality of a 20 year old.

The other thing about New York is that all the men are workaholics. Take Guido for instance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All he did was yap, yap, yap about his work with the phone company. I mean, don't get me wrong. I admire his ambition but, come on! And when he found out that I don't have a home phone, only a cell phone...well, it was all over after that. Sad, really.

After Guido I decided that I'd date someone with a hobby. You know, some kind of passion in life other than his job. That's when I fell for Rick.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He was so fun, so carefree, so electric. But then - and this is still a little hard to talk about - that one tragic day during a weekend Tron reenactment event, his costume short circuited and caught on fire. God, it still hurts to talk about Rick. Do you mind if we move on?

Oh, then there was the blind date with that guy...what was his name? Jessie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Honestly, when he showed up at the restaurant wearing Daisy Dukes and red cowboy boots...well, I got the check. I mean, hello! What kind of whacko do you think I am?

And so we come to PJ, my current boyfriend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He's a whole lot of man. But I've told him that I just don't think I can do long distance. I'm heartbroken...really, I am. But in the end I think it's the right decision to make.

I'm trying really hard to let go, cut the ties, etc. I've even been doing some online dating and have a date set up when I arrive in LA. He seems like a really nice guy, stable career in "movies" (although I'm not really sure why he writes "movies" in quotation marks), lives with his mom which is kind of sweet. I don't know. Seems like this could be a good catch.

What do you think?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ow Lawd girl, I don't think he is really your type.
Mami2Gabriella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google