9.18.2006

The new Charlie's Angels?

How awkward is this picture of Lisa Marie Presley, Eve and Dita Von Teese at the MAC Viva Glam party?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Eve looks adorable. The dress with those boots - so cute. The hair, the make-up - clean and flawless. I even don't mind that I can sort of see those wretched tiger paw tatoos of hers through the cut-outs. She looks THAT cute.

Then there's Lisa Marie Presley who looks cranky and uncomfortable and matronly and sort of like a ticket agent at a Greyhound Bus terminal. Except for the shoes - which would be cute if I couldn't see that halacious blue/green toenail polish poking through. I think we all know how I feel about oddly colored nail polish. (and it's not good, people)

I like to think I'm somewhat hip and with it, but I will admit that I had to IMDB Dita Von Teese to figure out who she was. I mean, I vaguely recall that she's engaged to Marilyn Manson, a "man" which I find utterly repulsive on multiple levels. She's quite pretty in a really pale, somewhat sickly bride of Frankenstein kind of way. I suspected she is an actress...and I was right. Sort of. Her credits include such notable films as "Naked and Helpless," "Tickle Party: Volume 2" and "Bound in Stockings."

So it should come as no surprise to you, readers, that a family-friendly company like MAC would have Dita as a spokeswoman. She stands alongside a woman who's been married four times (including once to Michael Jackson) and a woman whose songs include the lyrics "My bitches my bitches that'll change the locks. My bitches my bitches that'll cut up your clothes. My bitches my bitches that'll steal your stash. My bitches are bold my bitches are cold."

God bless good old fashioned American values.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google