5.11.2006

I left my ALMA in LA...

I had the good fortune this weekend to attend the ALMA awards in Los Angeles. These awards were created 11 years ago as a way to recognize Latinos in entertainment and media. Since it was a very special event, I thought I'd briefly discuss the most significant part of the evening...Jessica Simpson's outfit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, I saw this in person and she didn't look as much like a Creamsicle as she does in the photographs. Yes, the hair is quite "To Wong Foo" - it's a wig from her new collection...just what every pop star needs. But the best part of the night was when Jess presented the award for Best Actress in a Comedy to Judy Reyes from Scrubs. (I adore Judy...I totally want to slam Coronas and taquitos with her)

When Judy accepted her award she said, "I don't know whether to be more surprised that I won or that Jessica Simpson is Latina." Jessica looked so uncomfortable. You could almost see the thought bubble over her head, "Oh my god, ya'll. I'm totally not Latina! I've never even been to Latin!" Classic.

Oh, I also wanted to say "thank you" to Paulina Rubio for bringing a truckload of class to the red carpet...because nothing says class like denim shorts.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the words of the immortal Ron Burgundy, "You stay classy, Paulina."

Eva Longoria was this year's host. She changed her dress like 10 times and looked more and more fabulous each time. Here's a picture:Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oops! Sorry, wrong photo. But it's easy to make that mistake since she is about the size of my left thigh on a "skinny day."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And now a message to the show's producers from my friend Dori and me. We have a great new addition to the program.

Hottest Latino Detective Sidekick.

And the nominees are:

Enrique Marciano - Without A Trace
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Danny Pino - Cold Case
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Adam Rodriguez - CSI: Miami
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

May we suggest that this be a "special award" presented earlier in the evening...in my living room.

Just a thought.



Que viva the ALMA Awards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google